We have lessons starting today as well as Summer League and Junior/Senior doubles. SMAC policy on weather is that WE DO NOT LIKE TO CANCEL. We want to swim. Yes we swim in the rain, but we can not legally allow class to occur for three reasons:
1) Thunder in the immediate vicinity. Some pools in other states relax their thunder policy. We DO NOT relax ours. Thunder within 5-10 miles will result in immediate suspension of swim class. we wait 20 min after the last thunder to re-enter the pool.
2) Visible Lightning results in immediate suspension of all swimming and a clearance of the entire pool deck. We wait 30 min after lightning clears to re-enter the pool.
3) Torrential Downpour will suspend swimming temporarily since we can not see the bottom of the pool. This may sound picky, but if we can't see the bottom, we can't see someone on the bottom. That's why we stop.
We do everything we can to get these classes in during inclement weather, but predicting mother nature is a tall task. We will do our best to tell you as far in advance as we can. But we literally have a 20-30 minute window to make that decision. We appreciate your patience. We will update as soon as we know.
Summer Swim School (Lessons)- Our first session evening classes for learn to swim are full. 2nd Session (June 20-30) is still very much open! AM classes for session I still available. In house sign ups will be during the week 3-7 and on Saturdays are from 10am-12pm. Spots fill up very quickly, especially the evening, so please sign up early! Cost is $100 total with a $25 Deposit required at registration. The balance of $75 will be due the first day of class. We do not take credit or debit cards, Cash or Check only. Lessons will begin June 6th and run in 2 week sessions through the end of July! Bathing Suit, Goggles (optional), & Towel are the only required pieces of equipment.
Summer Pre-Comp begins June 6th. Pre-Comp sessions run for 4 weeks, Monday-Thursday for 30 minutes. We have 3 time slots between 10am-12pm & 3 time slots between 6-8pm. Cost is $125 for both the June 6th and July 5th sessions. Pre-Competitive lessons are for children who can swim at least 15 ft (5yds) unassisted. We begin the process of teaching them the 4 competitive strokes: Backstroke, Breaststroke, Butterfly, and Freestyle. This group is an eventual step on to the Swim Team. No competition is required. $25 Deposit at registration, $100 balance due the first day of class. Bathing Suit, Goggles, & Towel are the required pieces of equipment.
Summer League- This is a seasonal competitive group for the summer. Great for fitness during the summer or to stay in shape for highschool season. $200 for May, June, and July. There is a meet schedule with 3 Swim meets that are laid back and fun! Great way to stay sharp for the fall! Bathing Suit, Goggles, & Towel are required.
Summer Practice Schedules
Downloadable Summer Practice Schedules for all programs can be found below in PDF or Word format.
Summer Pre-Comp begins June 6th- June 30th, and second Summer session is July 5- 28!
Come by Northside Swim Club pool to register your child. Classes will be offered on Mon through Thursday. Summer pre-com runs 4 weeks, Monday through Thursday. Classes offered between 10am-12pm or 6p-8pm. Space is limited. Call Northside Swim Club, e-mail Coach Jason @ email@example.com, or simply stop by the pool any weekday between 3pm and 7pm for an assesssment. Registration is also possible on Saturdays in May from 10am-12pm. There will be no registration on May 21 due to a home swim meet at The Highlands.
Northside Pool Memberships are now being accepted for the coming summer. A $50 deposit will hold your membership spot.Just mail your check to the pool . Total cost for the summer is $200 and covers immediate family (and baby sitters). The pool is scheduled to open on the weekend of May 28. If you have any questions just email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at 478-474-9689, and we will be happy to answer your questions.
Swim Macon takes back the HOG!!
Led by high point winners Tristan Hichkad (Senior Boys Division), and Jared Taylor (13-14 Boys division), and 85% best times swims, Swim Macon took back the HOG from Warner Robins Aquanauts at Southeast Divisionals in Savannah! SMAC showed out! The team placed second in the division behind host Georgia Coastal Aquatic Team (GCAT)!
New 2015-16 Registration packets are below. Please download your packet and fill them out and turn them in to one of the coaches.
2) Enter our enrollment code 75AB793639313. By entering this code,your account will be associated with our non-profit organization so you can begin earning rebates!
3) Fill in all required personal information and click " I Accept"
4) Choose two security challenge questions from the list and provide answers.
5) Now you are ready to shop and order from the list of many stores and places to eat.
Please see Lisa Hichkad for any Questions! We can't do this without your support. Thank you!
BUY SWIM STUFF ONLINE & EARN CREDIT FOR FUNDRAISING!
Order all of your child's swim supplies from Swim Outlet and earn money towards your $50 quarterly Fund-Raising obligation.
When you order from Swim Outlet, 8% of your order is given to Swim Macon. You can help meet your fundraising obligation by shopping for swim suits, goggles, and equipment your child needs to swim on our team. Here how to do it:
1) After ordering, bring a copy of your invoice to the pool and place it into Ning Chang's folder in the hallway.
2) We will then credit 8% of the order towards your Fundraising obligation.
It's THAT easy!
Just click on the link below and this will direct you to Swim Outlet ( you must use this link in order for the team to get credit for the 8%)